Wednesday 28 August 2013

If I Could Turn Back Time

Bless me Father for I have sinned; it has been OVER SIX MONTHS since my last post. How embarrassing. Blogging is like exercising; the less you do it, the harder it gets. My excuses: I've been busy: writing, working, getting married, going on holiday ... achem. But even though my blog has been idle, my publishers have been beavering away and my new book comes out soon: October to be exact. It's called IF I COULD TURN BACK TIME and this is the blurb:

'What if you found The One, and then lost him again?

Or not so much lost him as became the neurotic, needy girlfriend from hell.
The girl who tried to make him choose between her and his job as a doctor, and got seriously paranoid about his relationship with his female best friend…

Zoe Kennedy knows she doesn’t deserve another chance with the gorgeous David Fitzgerald. But if there’s the tiniest possibility of making things right, she’ll snatch it. Even if it means breaking the laws of physics to do so…'


I first thought of the idea for this book in December 2010. I was walking along Oxford Street in the pre-Christmas madness and thinking about all sorts of things; regrets, decisions, mistakes, mishaps and various ghosts of boyfriends past. I was also thinking about that bit in the Christmas carol 'Once in Royal David's City' about 'The hopes and fears of all the years.' And then I thought: what would happen if you COULD go back and change the past? What would happen if someone did go back, and did it all differently, and didn't make any of the mistakes she made with her boyfriend that led to their break-up ... what then?

That idea has become IF I COULD TURN BACK TIME. I really hope you like it ... and I can't wait to post the cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment