Monday 12 March 2012

Book launch eve

Hello from Dublin, where I've been having a great time doing book-related and other things for the past few days. I arrived on Thursday evening and jetted out to Bray for an interview with the lovely Lynsey Dolan of Sunshine Radio - you can listen to it here. Then on Friday, Ruth from Hachette brought me around town signing books, and I have to say we couldn't wish for more prominent positions. Here I am with a particularly exciting display in Reads of Nassau Street:

I should point out: this wasn't the kind of signing where people queue up and have their book signed by you - that's for famous authors. Mine was more just getting the pen out and quickly signing 10 or 15 copies while Ruth slapped 'signed by the author' stickers on them. One lady did hove up to us in Easons to see what I was doing, and I described the book to her, but it turned out she was more interested in titles about angels.

The weekend was mainly free/family time - I picked A up from the airport on Saturday (his flight was a mere hour and a quarter delayed)and in the evening the whole family went to the Guinea Pig in Bray. On Sunday A and I went into town and happened to have a little casual look into a few bookshops .. we didn't actually see anyone buying one of my books but as I pointed out, you could easily go into a newsagent and not see anyone buy a Twix, and that doesn't mean nobody is buying Twixes. I hope.

Once again, if you are in the Blackrock area on Tuesday evening please come to the launch at Dubray Books at 6.30! Now I'm off to write my 'speech' ...

No comments:

Post a Comment