Friday 18 May 2012

Belle époque

It's been a busy week - in the past 7 days I have attended:

-a Belle Epoque party

-an all-day bread-making course where we made these - YUM:

-the theatre, to see Misterman with Cillian Murphy, a one-man show about a guy going bonkers in rural Ireland - not a barrel of laughs or very original, though CM was great in it. The best part to be honest was when he takes his shirt off
-my first ever RNA (Romantic Novelists Association) party!

Below is a pic of A and me on our way to Belle Epoque. I am very, very lazy when it comes to fancy dress so I just took an existing dress and added a long skirt, black ribbon from John Lewis and black gloves (not shown).


You can't really see but I was sort of channelling John Singer Sargent's portrait of Madame X. I was in a minority as the most popular trend at the BE thing seemed to be channelling Anne Summers in bustiers and tiny frilly skirts. A friend kindly lent me her corset but it just wasn't me.






No comments:

Post a Comment