Friday 18 January 2013

How's your January been so far?

Mine has been a bit of a washout. I had a lovely restful Christmas in Dublin and came back to London with loads of energy and ambitious plans for a total life improvement in 2013, everything from work to home to fitness. Then on New Years Eve I came down with a bug, which has lasted about 2 weeks. Only this week have I started to feel human again (though my throat is still sore).

Obviously, on the larger scale of human suffering, it could be worse. And even though I'm sick, A and I have conquered various aspects of wedding planning. In the past two weeks we have:

Visited our venue
Met up with our lovely and talented photographer
Ordered a wedding cake
Bought the remaining bits of our flower girls' outfits - they're wearing this dress
Set up a spreadsheet for guest list and invitations
Had invitations designed and printed
Made an appointment to have my dress altered
Booked a makeup artist (!)
Set a date for my hen do (!!)

It is unbelievable the amount of admin a wedding generates, even a relatively simple one like ours. Roll on March ...



No comments:

Post a Comment