Wednesday 23 January 2013

Woooooohoooooooo!!!!!


I've been keeping some very exciting news under my hat for a week or two but it's just been officially announced ... The Out of Office Girl has been shortlisted for the Romantic Novel Awards 2013, in the Romantic Comedy category!!!!

I never win anything. Once my friends and I thought we'd won a pub quiz but then the organisers counted the scores again and it turned out to be a mistake, so we had to give our winnings back ... we were crushed. So to be shortlisted for a prestigious award like this - previous winners include Rosamunde Pilcher and Joanna Trollope .. is AMAZEBALLS and I never say that.

There are 5 different categories and the winner in each category will be announced by Richard and Judy on 26 February at a, I quote, 'glittering reception' in the RAC club in Piccadilly. Outfit shopping begins now.

I am looking forward to reading the other books on the shortlist ... one that jumped out at me is Adorkable by Sarra Manning which I loved and I'm delighted to see it shortlisted for the Young Adult Romantic Novel Award.

Seriously, it's pretty grey and cold outside and everything, and I'm in the midst of doing my taxes, and I still have a bit of a cold but so far 2013 rocks.






7 comments:

  1. Congratulations Nicola! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh WOW!! Congratulations Nicola!! Thoroughly deserved, your book was such a great read. You should be very proud xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, Nicola! I'm very happy for you! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing valuable information. Nice post. I enjoyed reading this post. The whole blog is very nice found some good stuff and good information here Thanks..Also visit my page 

    bridal lingerie - BRIDAL LINGERIE ~ Welcome to our range of Bridal Lingerie products. Sexy bridal lingerie is one of the most important lingerie pieces a woman will ever buy

    ReplyDelete