Friday 14 March 2014

Friday I'm in love: Peter Thomas Roth Instant Mineral SPF 30

Last weekend, London was so hot and sunny it was like being on holiday. We went on a mega-walk, from Green Park station through St James’s Park, across Westminster Bridge, all along the South Bank (with a stop for beers outside, bien sur) and then back on the other side of the river as far as Aldwych.

As you can see from the pic on the right, I have to be really careful in the sun. I’m all about hats, walking in the shade and Factor 50 – not just on my face but down as far as my neckline too. I also have really oily skin and tend to break out in the sun. And slathering on more SPF often makes me feel oilier. Step forward this, my all-time favourite SPF product.


Peter Thomas Roth Oily Problem Skin Instant Mineral SPF 30, $30

A mouthful of a name but a genius idea: SPF, anti-blemishes and a translucent powder, all in one. It’s really easy to carry around and do touch-ups on the go; you just tap the powder into the brush (there's also a lid, not shown in pic) and sweep on your face. I tend not to wear foundation in hot sun – it just melts anyway, and clogs me up even more, and I’d rather let my skin breathe. So I just put on some moisturiser with SPF or sun block in the morning, and then touch up with this powder as needed.

The only down side is that you can only get it in the States. But it lasts for ages. I bought mine in San Luis Obispo, California, during our trip in October 2011, and it’s only just run out. I’m going to reorder it from here. It’s also available in a Factor 45 here, but that doesn’t have the anti-blemish ingredient (willow bark, a source of salicylic acid).

Let’s hope I need it again soon …

No comments:

Post a Comment