Friday 5 August 2011

You know you're getting old when ...



You get genuinely excited about buying a laundry basket. But look, isn't it pretty?

I don't know how I've survived for this long without a proper laundry basket, but I'm very happy to have one now. It is a sign I'm getting on in years: 5 years ago I would never have DREAMED of spending - ahem - £50 on a laundry basket. From John Lewis. But I'll have it forever and every time I use it it will make me happy. I also wanted to buy the following rug from Anthropologie, but it was sold out. I was devastated. It's called the Myth of Adarna rug and I'd be scared to tell you how much it cost:



Even a few years ago, I don't think I would even have dreamed of buying a rug. Let alone one for £399. On the other hand: I am going to see Captain America on Monday, my new DVD of Gossip Girl is on its way in the post, and today I bought a snake-shaped jelly sweet. It's all very confusing.

No comments:

Post a Comment